Young Professionals Board
OEP’s Young Professionals Board is a volunteer opportunity poised to spark curiosity about energy, education, and the nonprofit world! As a YP Board Member, you will have the opportunity to connect with other professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds all the while impacting thousands of teachers, students, and schools with transformative energy education. Read on to learn more about this opportunity and how you can get involved.
How it Works
- Fill out the application below to indicate your interest in an open YP Board position.
- If contacted, meet with an OEP Team Member to learn more about the opportunity and how your interests/goals align.
- If selected, accept your YP Board invitation and attend a regularly scheduled general body meeting.
- General body meetings will be held bi-monthly with committee meetings taking place as needed. See more details on that below.
- Regularly attend general body meetings and committee meetings, working on projects and events as needed.
- Make a difference for Ohio’s learners and beyond!
The general body is the full group of YP Board membership. This group meets at least once a quarter, either in-person or virtually, and discusses committee work, OEP updates, and other pertinent topics.
The YP committees are specialized sub-groups focused on specific topics important to OEP. Every general body member must participate in at least one committee. These committees meet as needed, with certain committees meeting more often during different seasons. Read on to learn more.
The education committee is focused on educating learners all about energy. Ranging from topics of general energy literacy to the social dynamics of energy and everything in between, this committee hosts events throughout the year.
The social committee is focused on building community between OEP stakeholders. This committee hosts events of a more social nature, like happy hours and group outings, to help foster relationships among OEP membership.
The service committee is focused on serving the community on behalf of OEP. From volunteering at community outings to hosting OEP sponsored events, this committee ensures we all do our part to give back.
The fundraising committee is focused on supporting the sustainability efforts at OEP. From building new giving audiences to hosting small-scale events, this committee helps to ensure OEP’s impact is possible year after year.