dp&l aegis details & registration
DP&L AEGIS (Activating & Energizing Girls in Science)
June 9-10, 2020
Hilton Garden Inn, Dayton/Beavercreek
- A team (1 teacher + 4 middle school girls) attend a two day summer camp to build an Energy Bike for their school district. These students will learn energy concepts while sharpening their leadership and presentation skills.
- The Energy Bike Team will return to their school/district and present electricity and energy efficiency activities using the Bike as a teaching tool.
- Teams are encouraged to extend their expertise and conduct outreach activities to their school district and greater school community during the 2020-21 school year.
- Energy Bike and supporting materials for your school/district.
- Teachers stipend of $250, upon the completion of documentation.
- Ongoing classroom support from OEP.
- Complete the online application form by March 15. Schools are selected by DP&L and will be notified by April 1.
- Select a team of 4 middle school girls (grades 6-8 during the 2020-21 school year) to form your school’s Energy Bike Team.
- Participate in the 2-day Energy Bike building summer camp with your students.
- Work with you Energy Bike Team to coordinate school and community events during the 2020-21 school year.
- Report your Energy Bike Team’s impact to OEP and DP&L by April 15, 2021. (Documentation details will be provided at the summer program.)
- Need more details? See the DP&L AEGIS Energy Bike FAQ for location, times & what to expect.
- Ready to apply? Use the easy online application.
- Questions? Contact Monique at email@example.com
Thanks to Dayton Power & Light for funding this program for schools in their service territory.