e-learning for teachers & students
Wow! Ohio science teachers, you amaze us. With commitment and creativity you are navigating uncharted territory. In the midst of change, you are a consistent and steady presence in your students lives. We are thankful for the ways you are “figuring it out” day-by-day for your students.
One of OEP’s core values is “Enduring Relationships.” We are committed to you and your students. For a season that may look different, however, we are striving to provide some helpful tools.
- Online Videos: We’re working to create “home videos” (literally!) of some of our energy efficiency and grade-level program activities. They will include both demo’s and activities students can do with materials they have at home.
- Teacher Resources: Will you be doing any online/video learning with your students, but don’t have the equipment you need at home? OEP has things we can send at no cost to you.
- Student Resources: Do you have a method to send home supplies to your students through a packet pick up or lunch distribution? We have activities your students can do around the kitchen table to experience science. Again, no cost to you or your school.
- Share an Idea: Do you have an idea to incorporate energy education via distance learning? We want to help. Or, have you created a video that OEP could share on our website? Share it with us.
OEP’s Youth Energy Celebration has some amazing partners. When the event was cancelled, they still wanted to celebrate YOU and your STUDENTS! One partner suggested that by supporting teachers through the extended closure, it would be like sending, “the celebration in a box.” While we won’t be seeing you on May 6th, we will definitely be celebrating you!
Thanks to the following partners of the 2020 Youth Energy Celebration (in a box!)
- AEP Ohio
- American Electric Power
- Columbia Gas of Ohio
- Dayton Power & Light
- Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives