e3/be e3 smart program dates & locations
|Program Date||Program Location|
|Tuesday, July 30th (CLOSED)||Dayton|
|Wednesday, July 31st (CLOSED)||Columbus|
|Tuesday, August 6th (CLOSED)||Canton|
|Wednesday, August 7th (CLOSED)||Athens|
|Wednesday, September 18th||Dayton|
|Tuesday, September 24th||Columbus|
|Tuesday, October 8th||Dayton|
|Wednesday, October 23rd||Columbus|
*If you are an Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives teacher, please click here to view your program training options.
Our 2019-20 Program at a Glance
This year, we are shaking up our curriculum a bit to make it even more user-friendly for our teachers, students, and families! Our new and improved curriculum will now include an elementary version and a secondary version of the e3/be e3 smart program. The elementary version will serve grades 3 through 6, and the secondary version will serve grades 7 through 12.
Because of this curriculum split, please note that our Professional Development Workshops will now be offered as half-day trainings. All elementary trainings will take place from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on the above dates. All secondary trainings will take place from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm on the above dates. A provided lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm will act as a networking event as well as a space for teachers to load their materials into their vehicles.
How It Works:
- Register for a Professional Development Workshop near you.
- After the workshop, return to school with everything you need to teach our hands-on energy labs (curriculum and materials included).
- Receive your Student Efficiency Kits and Student Workbooks directly at your school this fall.
- Complete the teacher evaluation and student surveys after you implement the program and receive your stipend!
- Must teach 3rd – 12th grade.
- Must be an Ohio school in the service territory of AEP, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Dayton Power & Light, Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives, or Vectren.
- Go ahead and register – we will look it up for you!
- Professional Development Workshop (highly recommended): See dates above and register for a half-day workshop (required for graduate credit).
- Online Training: Watch a video complete with program updates and fill out a questionnaire on our website.