careers in energy for aep ohio schools
Careers in Energy
Introduce students to careers in the energy industry through behind-the-scenes tours of training sites. This program will explore positions that require a high school diploma/GED or two-year associates degree. Careers in Energy is open to grades 8-12.
Program Participation Details:
- Complete an online application. Your school must be in AEP Ohio service territory to participate.
- Complete an online energy career and aptitude survey with your students from Ohio Means Jobs, Get Into Energy or American Electric Power.
- Select 10 students to attend ONE site tour of an energy training center or educational laboratory. See location details and a description of each site.
Benefits for Participating Schools:
- $100 stipend for coordinating teacher.
- School transportation and/or substitute reimbursement (Up to $360 paid directly to school district after site visit. District must invoice OEP prior to May 22, 2020.)
- Lunch for students and teachers included the day of the site visit.
- Learn more details about the training sites
- View career surveys from Get Into Energy & Ohio Means Jobs
- Apply online to participate
Thanks to American Electric Power Foundation for funding the Careers in Energy Program.