grade 5: light & sound
5th grade teachers…
Join OEP for a professional development workshop focused on light & sound content standards.
Participating teachers will receive:
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $250: light reflection, light refraction, sound waves activities equipment.
- 3 professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to Ohio schools. See participation requirements below.
All 5th Grade Professional Development Workshops are closed.
Summer 2019 Program Dates & Locations
Ohio’s Learning Standards that the workshop will address:
- Light and sound are forms of energy that behave in predictable ways
Notes on Participation:
- Participation is limited to one time. If you have previously attended this grade-level workshop, you are not eligible to participate a 2nd time.
- You must have a 2019-20 science teaching assignment for the grade-level you are applying.
- Limit of two teachers per school may apply. This may change to one teacher per school depending on the number of applicants.
- Participants will be selected to participate based on your school’s electric utility. Limited space is available to all schools in Ohio.
- You will be notified by May 15th if you have been selected to participate.
Questions? Email OEP staff