grade 4: electricity, circuits & thermal energy
4th grade teachers…
Uncomfortable teaching electricity and thermal energy? Need ideas and materials to make it hands-on? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards!
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets.
- Kit of Equipment worth over $250: 5 sets of Snap Circuits, 5 circuit batons, 6 digital thermometers, additional resources to teach thermal energy.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See registration requirements below.
2020 registration will open by March 30
Summer 2020 Program Dates & Locations
Ohio Learning Standards the workshop will address:
Electricity, Heat & Matter (Physical Science)
- The total amount of matter is conserved when it undergoes a change.
- Energy can be transformed from one form to another or can be transformed from one location to another.
Earth’s Living History (Life Science)
- Changes in an organisms environment are sometimes beneficial to its survival and sometimes harmful.
Notes on Participation:
- Participation is limited to one time. If you have previously attended this grade-level workshop, you are not eligible to participate a 2nd time.
- You must have a 2020-21 science teaching assignment for the grade-level you are applying.
- Limit of two teachers per school may apply. This may change to one teacher per school depending on the number of applicants.
- Participants will be selected to participate based on your school’s electric utility. Limited space is available to all schools in Ohio.
- You will be notified by May 15th if you have been selected to participate.
Questions? Email OEP staff