grade 3: sources of energy, light & heat
3rd grade teachers…
Do you lack materials to teach energy sources, heat and light? Need connections between science & ELA standards? Join OEP for a professional development workshop that meets these content standards! View the program curriculum, pre/post assessments and student worksheets.
- Teacher resources: NEED curriculum, OEP lesson plans and student worksheets. UPDATED for 2020!
- Kit of Equipment worth over $350: 10 sources of energy samples & activities, heat & light energy efficiency lab.
- An energy efficient light bulb (LED) for every student.
- Three professional development contact hours.
Registration is open to all Ohio schools. See participation requirements below.
Summer 2020 Program Dates & Locations
|Tuesday, July 7||Columbus||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, July 8||Dayton||1p-4p|
|Monday, July 13||Cincinnati||1p-4p|
|Wednesday, July 22||Cleveland||1p-4p|
|Tuesday, July 28||Toledo||1p-4p|
See Ohio’s Learning Content Standards Correlations
Notes on Participation:
- NEW FOR 2020…Teachers who have previously participated can attend a new PD with the updates for 2020-21. Click here to register as a returning teacher.
- You must have a 2020-21 science teaching assignment for the grade-level you are applying.
- Limit of two teachers per school may apply. This may change to one teacher per school depending on the number of applicants.
- You will be notified within 1 week from registration if you have been selected to participate.
Questions? Email OEP staff