e3 Smart – energy efficiency
Bring STEM to life wherever students learn–be it the classroom or the kitchen table. Ohio Energy Project’s e3 Smart program fosters energy literacy and leadership through classroom labs and at home activities that allow students to take charge of their family’s energy footprint. Read on to find out how to bring this award-winning program to your classroom this school year.
Free Curriculum and Materials: Rooted in Ohio’s Learning Standards, the e3 Smart curriculum spans everything from energy fundamentals to best at home efficiency practices. Students will learn the pivotal role energy has in our universe and why it is important to conserve that energy in our daily lives. Curriculum is broken down into two grade bands:
Elementary (Grades 3 – 6): Focusing on the fundamentals of energy, this curriculum explores what energy is, why it’s important, and how we use it day to day.
Secondary (Grades 7 – 12): Focusing on energy impact, this curriculum explores how everyday energy usage contributes to a larger community footprint.
Curriculum is provided both digitally and in hard copy format, with a teacher guide for educators and student guidebooks for each participating student. All lab equipment and activities in the curriculum are also provided to teachers at no cost. That’s right–free curriculum and materials to jumpstart STEM learning!
Free Professional Development: Virtual training will boost your confidence, enabling you to change the way your students think about and actually use energy for a lifetime. Training is provided via the Ohio Energy Project website and can be completed at your convenience. Once complete, all curriculum and materials will be sent to you.
Additional Program Benefits:
- Free Energy Efficiency Kit, including LED bulbs, efficient showerheads, weatherstripping, and more, for every student
- Stipends for teachers upon completion of program requirements
- CEUs and optional graduate credit available
- Must teach 3rd – 12th grade
- Must teach in an Ohio school in the service territory of AEP Ohio, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives, or Vectren.
- Go ahead and register – we will confirm your sponsor for you!
How Does It Work?
- Register for your virtual professional development.
- Watch the training video at your convenience.
- Receive the curriculum and materials you need to jumpstart your energy unit.
- Receive student efficiency kits and a guidebook for each of your students.
- Teach your energy unit and watch student learning come to life at home as they apply textbook concepts to the real world.
- Complete the evaluation and survey after the program and receive a stipend!
*NEW THIS YEAR: All returning teachers will need to OPT OUT of the program if not participating in the 2020-2021 school year. To OPT OUT, please email the e3 Smart team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding as we try to more efficiently process participation this school year.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for their support of this program!
- AEP Ohio
- Columbia Gas of Ohio
- Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives
For more information, please contact the e3 Smart team at email@example.com or 614-785-1717.