energy efficiency programs
Free Curriculum and Materials: All the training and lab materials you need to teach our hands-on science lessons correlated to Ohio’s Learning Standards. Really – all the equipment is included at no cost!
Free Professional Development: Hands-on training will boost your confidence, enabling you to change the way your students think about, see, and use energy for a lifetime.
Curiosity in and out of the Classroom: Our innovative approach connects science and energy with daily life. Students conduct experiments at school and then apply their knowledge at home and in their communities. This school-to-home/community connection inspires the next generation to be energy wise every day, no matter their setting.
- Free curriculum and lab equipment
- Free Energy Efficiency Kit for every student (with bulbs, weather stripping, showerhead, etc.)
- Teacher Stipend ($100 for 1st year, $200 for alumni teachers)
- CEUs and optional graduate credit available
- Must teach 3rd – 12th grade.
- Must be an Ohio school in the service territory or AEP, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Dayton Power & Light, Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives, or Vectren.
- Go ahead and register – we confirm your sponsor for you!
How Does It Work?
- Register for a training near you.
- Attend a Professional Development Workshop (CEU documentation and optional one semester hour graduate credit available). View available dates/locations.
- Return to school with everything you need to teach our hands-on energy labs – the curriculum and all the lab materials!
- Receive student efficiency kits in the mail with efficiency measures and a lab workbook for each of your students.
- Complete the evaluation/survey after you teach the program and receive a stipend!
Energy Efficiency Education programs are sponsored by:
- AEP Ohio
- Columbia Gas of Ohio
- Dayton Power & Light
- Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives: Watch a video of the Be E3 Smart program